Parts Counter Salesperson
Central Plumbing and Heating is upstate New York’s premier plumbing and heating wholesaler. We’re a third generation, family-owned, independent business that has proudly served plumbers, contractors, builders and retail customers in the Capital District since 1950. We feature one of the area’s largest bath showrooms and display a number of quality products from manufacturers such as Kohler, Delta, Blanco, Moen and more. Our parts counter sales team provides customers with strong product and installation knowledge and superior customer service in new home or renovation projects.
Central Plumbing and Heating is hiring a full-time parts counter sales associate. Strong knowledge in plumbing and hydronic heating is an absolute must.
- Create quotations for product inquiries
- Provide customers with accurate product information and counsel
- Accurately process sales orders from start to finish
- Quickly follow up with customer inquiries
- Pull and package orders received. Items may include parts, fittings, pipe, fixtures, etc.
- Design and troubleshoot hydronic heating systems, such as baseboard, radiant, steam
- Participate in activities and professional group meetings that will potentially increase sales
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Technical knowledge relating to product and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and a positive attitude
- Professional attire and image
- Competitive hourly base plus monthly commission
- Paid time off
- Training opportunities