Remodeling a bathroom can be a complicated process especially since you are primarily using a smaller realestate of space verses a kitchen remodel. Central Plumbing and Heating is here to help answer many questions regarding a bathroom remodel. Read our Bathroom FAQ’s
Depending on the size of the project, the cost can range but most standard full bathroom remodels today cost anywhere from $7,000 to $25,000. Of course, product pricing and contractor rates can also impact the total spent. It is important to establish a sensible budget before undergoing a remodel.
First necessities for a bathroom remodel are dimensions. Not only of the space you have to work with but also the size of the products you want to install (vanity, shower, tub, etc.). Understanding or deciding on plumbing locations is another step that needs to be completed before remodeling. Lastly, it is never a bad idea to settle on a theme or style for your bathroom space. Having a color palette in mind when picking out products ensures that your bathroom will be to your liking but will also match others rooms in your house.
In an ideal situation, once you have all the products and hardware needed to complete your bathroom, a remodel should take 4 to 6 weeks. This is dependent on many factors such as the products you purchased all arriving on time, and that the contractor who is doing this work can complete the project in that amount of time.
The decision to undergo any remodel is always a personal choice, however if you cannot decide whether or not now is the time here are some popular reasons why most undergo a remodel.
- Broken hardware or fixtures, things are in need of dyer repair
- Bathroom feels outdated and you want a fresh look.
- Bathroom is now too small for your family’s needs.
- You are considering selling your home soon and know that an updated bathroom will increase the value of your home.
- You want to save money and be more environmentally friendly with energy efficient products.
- Create a mood board of inspiration before undergoing a remodel
- Install a recessed medicine cabinet rather than a surface mounted cabinet to allow for more hidden storage.
- Use simple, minimalist hardware for a clean, sleek look.
- Install bright lights for safety.
- Pick a fan designed for the square footage of your bathroom.
- Keep your color scheme simple and avoid busy patterns.
- Use light colors rather than dark colors to create the illusion of a bigger space.